Mythological Wedding at Cave of Peleus
From the picturesque harbor of Agiokampos we start our journey of about 15 miles a half hour drive along the east coast of the mountains of Mavrobounio and North Pelion. Transparent waters, flashy bluegreen sheen and wild beauty are some of the words that characterize the caves of Venice. We arrive in the large cave, where from the top which is approximately 35 meters in height, legend tells us that the the nymphs-sisters of Thetis, threw rose petals down to the newlyweds.
We revive the mythological marriage of Peleus and Thetis, anchored in the middle of the cave, under the rain of flowers, giving the confidence and love vow to witness the local government representative. The ceremony follows the ancient vows, from the original text which was used to marry Peleus and Thetis. The opening of champagne onboard the boat symbolises the complete of the wedding ceremony.
We then head back to the port of Agiokampos where we will prepare the reception in similar circumstances with traditional local food and drink. Additionally, the reception can be held at a nearby beach bar if the newlyweds prefer after prior arrangment. In this case the boats will go directly to Velika beach in front of the reception area.
• The indicative price range depends on the number of guests and includes what is expressly stated below except VAT.
• Of course, if the couple wishes to have any additional or different options, then we are at their disposal to arrange the ceremonty to their specific requirements with prior arrangement.
• We are in constant communication with the couple throughout the wedding planning period to ensure that the results will exceed all expectations.
• Type of event: Civil marriage
• Number of participants: 3-35 people
• Start: 16:00 from the port of Agiokampos
• Return: 20:00 back to the port of Agiokampos
• Price: € 1750 - € 8800
• Available: 12 months a year
• Route: Agiokampos - Cave of Peleus
• Design and implementation of marriage
• Liability insurance
• Performance of the civil marriage in Port Agiokampos (in the presence of local government representative)
• Performance of the whole mythological ritual of marriage in caves (in the presence of local government representative)
• Boats for the newlyweds and their guests for sailing
• Skippers and vessel operators
• Beverage vessels
• Flowers for the rain effect during the wedding ritual from the top of the cave
• Decoration on all vessels
• Wedding reception
• Welcome drink at the port of Agiokampos upon arrival
• Reception at the port of Agiokampos or beach party at beach bar in Velika
• Full wedding reception with buffet
• Beverages wedding reception
• Champagne for the bridal couple
• Wedding fees and all the necessary papers for the presence of the local government representative
• Transport to and from nearby hotels to the port
Price does NOT include:
• VAT at 24%
• Photography and wedding videography at the port of Agiokampos
• Photographing and videotaping of the mythological ceremony in the Cave of Peleus
• Photography and videotaping of the preparation and dressing of the couple
• Preparation of the bride and bridesmaid (makeup, nails, hair salon) in her room
• Preparation of the groom and best man in his room
• Proposals and Special accommodation rates
• Mini-bus of Stavento Sailing
Bonus for the Mythological Wedding offered by Stavento Sailing
• Participants are entitled to € 60 discount per person for boat rental
• Participants are entitled to € 100 discount per person for all holidays
• Participants are entitled to 50% discount for the next day trip
Bonus for the Mythological Wedding offered by the Eos Traditional Guesthouse
• We offer the newlyweds the bridal suite for the wedding night for Free !
• The best men of the couple are entitled to 50% discount on their stay
• The guests are entitled to 10% discount on their stay
• We offer special discounts for the preparation of the newlyweds with hairdresser, makeup, photography and transporation of the couple to the port of Agiokampos on the day of the ceremony.